Each SAFE-BioPharma digital identity is linked to the individual’s identity
- SAFE-BioPharma Mobile – low cost, highly mobile, simple-to-obtain, simple-to-use digital credential. Fully portable. Can be used with cell phone, iPad, RSA token, or other devices
- Once membership is established, individuals may participate in an on-line identity-proofing process
- Following the on-line process, a face-to-face meeting may be required with an employee of the member company (Trusted Agent) or with a Notary Public or individual with official notarial power
The form of the SAFE-BioPharma digital credential must be selected and authorized by the member organization. The cost of each credential is determined by choice of certificate form and choice of identity proofing method. The following forms are available:
- Medium Assurance Software – Software certificate installed on a computer or in a network that confirms your identify and may be used for authentication or to apply digital signatures.
- Medium Assurance Hardware – Software certificate installed on a cryptographically protected USB token, smartcard or other device that confirms your identity and may be used for authentication or to apply digital signatures from any PC with the appropriate driver added to its operating system.
- Medium Assurance Roaming Digital ID – A combination of software and hardware that allows SAFE-BioPharma credentials to be accessed from any location at any time
- Basic Assurance Software – Software certificate installed on a computer or in a network that confirms an individual exists and can be linked to a specific address. Basic Assurance is used primarily to authenticate the identities of external partners and does not allow use of a digital signature.